Species: alien (pinahnki [pea-non’key])
Birthday: September 15th
Weight: 91 lbs
Personality: -timid, meek, subservient
A small boy, in any sense of the word, just about. Tristain is wary of any and all people he is not familiar with and a few that he is.
It is, typically, hard to win his trust over, but once you have, he is incredibly loyal. Really, the only few ways available is to really prove yourself to be worthy of his trust, or just have him see that someone he really admires thinks you’re okay/not dangerous.
First of all, pinahnki are rabbit-like aliens. Tristain is a splicing experiment, although he was born like a regular pinahnki. They are very low on the food chain and very common rodents, so they are often sold & used as pets or test subjects.
So as a young pup, he was sold to a lab & experimented on, and once they were done with him, he was sold again to a conman, Laird. For a while, he was used to make some quick money for Laird, being sold as a servant/slave time & time again only for the buyer to ‘wind up’ dead anywhere between a few months to a year or two.
When he was 9, he was sold to an Anti (see here) on Earth named Mia Reinki Hagurachi (Rei) who began treating him nicely, something he wasn’t used to. Tristain grew attached to the man & they developed a “close” relationship. Two years later, he met a man named Evan Fenley (Mia’s [Rei’s ‘other half’] boyfriend), who became the 2nd person he ever trusted, due to the man literally cutting a tie to his former lifestyle with Laird which was clouding his mind.
Since then, he’s moved (or, rather, forced) out from the estate & has moved in with a friend of his, Hunter McCarthy.
Major Fears: Agoraphobia (large, open areas), Entomophobia (bugs), Astraphobia (lightning & thunder), & Xenophobia (strangers)
- sweet fruits, such as grapes, apples, or clementines
- any of the aforementioned fears
- many “overly-sweet” foods such as candies, pastries, etc. He is, however, just beginning to develop a taste for them.
- He has 3 eyes, 4 ears, & 2 antennae; he is highly sensitive, as such.
- Tristain’s 3rd eye is partially blind. He can’t see well with it, anymore, but continues to use it.
- He is considered to be physically matured, although he does act like a child at times due to his naivety. Despite this, he is very smart. It may not always be apparent, but it becomes more obvious as time goes by.
- The language he speaks (that is not English) is not a true language—instead, it’s a mash-up of several different ones that he’s only picked up bits & pieces of. This is purely accidental on his part.
- He’s terribly self-conscious of his appearance, well aware that he doesn’t look like other people. As such, he tries to keep his 3rd eye hidden, and his antennae as inconspicuous as possible. His ears are too bothersome to deal with, so normally they’re an initial focal point.
- He’s my favorite & my bby <333
- Pinahnki are my own creation. A reference sheet for them will be available sometime in the future.
Posts with Tristain in them: